The very portability of the iPad mini combined with a tendency of users to leverage its functionalities for extensive work results in accidental deletions, physical device trauma, liquid damage and more.
Under such circumstances a light weight effective application like Dr. Fone from Wondershare undoes the damage by conducting comprehensive scans for lost data in three modes.
Keep a Few Things in Mind:
1. Initiate a scan as soon as data loss is detected. The more you wait, the more you compromise the chances of successful recovery.
2. The iPad Mini has to be in DFU mode to accommodate a scan. This mode is activated by:
- Pressing the Power button for 3 seconds
- Pressing the Home and Power buttons together for 10 seconds
- Releasing the Power button but holding the Home button for 15 seconds more
The time durations have to be exact and to facilitate the process Dr. Fone has an animated step by step guidance screen.
3. Lastly if the PC or laptop that you use to conduct the scan also supports your iTunes account, ensure that auto synching of data with the iPad Mini doesn’t take place. Simply:
- Click ‘Preferences’ from the iTunes dashboard
- Scroll down to find ‘Devices’
- Tick ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically’
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
This is the first mode option offered by Dr. Fone. Without the intervention of Dr. Fone, recovering items from the seamless software hardware integration of Apple requires extensive technical knowledge. But with the application, reinstatement is possible in 5 steps.
1. Connect the iPad Mini to a PC or laptop that has Dr. Fone installed on it via the provided USB power cord and launch Dr. Fone from Wondershare.
2. Choose the first option from its home screen – Recover from iOS Device and allow Dr. Fone to establish a link with the iPad Mini.
3. Once this is done, the option ‘Start Scan’ is presented to trigger the process. If the device is already in DFU mode, the scan is kicked off automatically. If not, the guidance screen comes on and the animations help count down the sequence of durations.
4. A scan that is in progress is indicated by the progress bar and the buttons ‘Start’ and ‘Stop’ next to them. These are useful because Dr. Fone allows users to navigate the directory to the left of the screen and click the various data format icons to peruse the files that are being identified by the system for recovery in real time. However, for an actual recovery to take place, the scan has to be terminated or halted midway for resumption later down the line. Pause and Stop prove their worth in this scenario.
5. A successfully completed scan gives way to the Display screen. It allows users to choose files individually or in bulk by ticking the appropriate checkboxes. Each node of the directory presents a different selection of items. The search bar to the top can be used to call up files from a particular category (data format) by name or keyword. The On/Off slider focuses on only the data that is lost due to deletions.
By clicking the blue ‘Recover’ button, you can either:
- Save the data to the PC/laptop that supports Dr. Fone
- Or reinstate it back to the connected iPad Mini
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
iTunes is the offline or manual backup provision of Apple and it stores zipped files or data containers that might contain copies of the items lost from the iPad Mini. This mode requires the connection of the device to Dr. Fone.
1. Once the iPad Mini is connected to the PC or Laptop and Dr. Fone is duly launched, select the second option – Recover from iTunes Backup File from the home screen.
2. This calls up a list of all the containers that are a part of the iTunes account supported by the PC or laptop. From this list, select the backup files that are the most likely to have the needed data and files. Use meta-tags like Name of File, Date of Creation and Size of File to narrow down your choices. Once the probable file is ticked, click ‘Start Scan’.
3. The process from here on mimics the one discussed over steps 4 and 5 of Mode 1. The display screen still allows users to select data and items in bulk and the Recover button is used to retrieve images, videos, data documents, call and chat histories and WhatsApp attachments.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
iCloud is the latest addition to the Apple family and it is already immensely popular. It bypasses the drawback of iTunes by allowing users to back up their data to Apple’s designated storage space over the internet. Thus the PC/Laptop should have internet access to support this method.
1. From the home screen choose the third option – Recover from iCloud Backup File. Now input the iCloud account login credentials into the form and gain admittance to the files list of your iCloud storage space.
2. Choose the file that has the data you seek and hit the ‘Download’ button next to it. Dr. Fone allows you to download, extract and scan only the data categories that you are interested in, conserving your broadband and time. Tick the checkboxes that make sense and hit ‘Next’.
3. The scan commences and the chosen files are either saved to the PC/laptop or to the connected iPad Mini.
This is how easy salvaging data from an iPad Mini is with the revolutionary Dr. Fone from Wondershare. Recapping the sequence:
- Choose the mode that makes the most sense
- Connect the iPad Mini to Dr. Fone
- Select the backup files that are appropriate
- Allow the scan to complete
- Recover what us required